Women are always looking for short-cuts and tips when it comes to cooking. Find out what the girls recommend including a checklist for picture perfect grilling. Print it out and stick it on your fridge to keep tips top of mind while you're cooking. We won't steer you in the wrong direction.
Top Ten Tips!
- Know the difference between the direct and indirect grilling methods and when to use them.
- Always preheat your gas grill with all burners on high or wait until charcoal briquettes are covered with a gray ash
- Oil the food, not the grates!
- Cook with the lid down--it reduces the cooking time
- Never cook on a grill that is hotter than 600 F.
- Clean the grill grates twice every Cook-Out with a brass bristle brush--before and after you cook.
- Place food “across” the cooking grates so thin items don't fall through the grates and you get maximum grill marks.
- Flip only once halfway through the cooking time.
- Brush with BBQ sauce only during the final 10-15 minutes of the cooking time.
- Always let your food rest before cutting into it.